Frequently Asked Questions
Is it self-catering or serviced accommodation?
Self-catering apartment as we don’t serve any kind of meals but you will find a well-equipped kitchen. We do the cleaning for you upon arrival and once a week if you stay minimum 7 nights. We don’t have staff on site but we have an office very close to the building (working hours on weekdays between 9:00 – 23:00, weekends 10:00 – 22:00). Address of the office: Budapest 1061 Anker köz 2-4. ANK-AIR Travel Agency, phone: +36 20 555 6525.
Is it a hotel or an apartment building?
It is an apartment building where you can experience real life in Budapest. You are also asked to adjust to local life and keep the order of the house.
Is WI-FI access in the apartment?
Yes, in all of our apartments there is wireless internet access free of charge.
What sort of payments do you accept?
We accept most major credit cards and cash payment. We ask you to guarantee your reservation with credit card details.
Check-in, check-out times?
Usual check-in time after 2.00 p.m. and check-out before until 11.00 a.m. (if the apartment is available earlier and/or longer these schedules can be modified to meet your needs, but must be agreed on in advance)
Late check-in, Late check-out?
Arrivals after 23.00 is possible only, if you are arriving with our transfer. The transfer price is normal taxi rate, EUR 28,- for max. 4 people/cab. Late check out is subject to occupancy status and extra charge may apply.
Are baby cots available?
Yes, baby cot is available for free, no extra charge.
Do you provide breakfast?
We provide you a delicious buffet breakfast in the restaurant of 4 star hotel which is located next to Central Passage Apartments (in Király street 6.) In the 4* hotel you can enjoy the same buffet breakfast as the hotel guests in a very pleasant environment at a very good price.
Buffet breakfast 12 Euro/ person
How to get there?
Central Passage Apartments are located in downtown area, in the heart of Budapest within 2 minutes from Deak square, the main traffic hub of Budapest. (3 metro lines, bus, tram lines)
From the airport you have several options to get to our apartments:
• Public transportation: 100E, a direct bus line connecting the airport with the city center was introduced: the front-door 100E takes passengers to Deák tér.
• Airport minibus: minibus service operated by Budapest Airport and cost around 12 EUR / person.
• Our private shuttle service (for details see Do you provide shuttle service?)
There are three main train stations in Budapest such as Keleti Pályaudvar (Eastern Railway Station), Nyugati Pályaudvar (Western Railway Station) and Déli Pályaudvar (Southern Railway Station) stations.
To get to our apartments you need to take one of the metro lines according to the follows:
• from Déli Pályaudvar (Southern Railway Station): M2 (red) metro line, to the direction: Ors Vezer ter and get off at Deak Ferenc ter (square) which is the 4th stop.
• from Keleti Pályaudvar (Eastern Railway Station): M2 (red) metro line, to the direction Deli Palyaudvar and get off at Deak Ferenc ter (square) which is the 3rd stop.
• from Nyugati Pályaudvar (Western Railway Station): M3 (blue) metro line, to the direction Kobanya-Kispest and get off at Deak Ferenc ter (square) which is the 2nd stop.
Navigation address is: 1061 Budapest, Király utca 8. Please make sure you added VI. district to the address.
How often are rooms serviced?
Apartments are cleaned upon check in and towels and bed linen are provided. If you stay a week apartment is cleaned once. Maid service is available upon request for extra charge.
Is it possible to view the apartment before booking?
Yes absolutely. We ask you to schedule an appointment in advance.
Is there a supermarket nearby?
There are two 24-hour open supermarkets within 50 meters. Pharmacy is just opposite the building.
Why Rent an Apartment?
Apartments – the preferred alternative to impersonal hotels – Why rent an apartment?
You are coming to Budapest on holiday or for a business trip and want to see the sights. You always stay in hotels. Perhaps you do not know that you can stay in privately-owned apartments? Perhaps you know but have never tried?
1. Apartments are better value than hotels- remember the price is for the whole apartment, not just a room or bed.
2. Because you are staying in an apartment, you have the privacy and flexibility to come and go as you please- like a home from home. More space for you.
3. Renting an Apartment offers you the freedom to cook your own meals, whenever you want, but at the same time, if you prefer not to, there are a huge variety of exciting restaurants nearby even for breakfast in a 4* hotel next to us (12 Euro/person; 3700 HUF/person).
4. Booking an apartment from Central Passage Apartments will give you flexibility over the length of stay and no minimum stay requirements.
5. As holiday makers and businesses alike become increasingly price-sensitive in today’s market, we are finding more and more are choosing to take advantage of the many benefits an apartment can offer, with savings to be made not only with the accommodation costs but also the option to choose whether or not to dine out.
What is the difference between a studio apartment and a one, two bedroom apartment?
A studio apartment (35 sqm) is similar to a hotel room in that it has a large bedroom area, which is your main living space with open plan kitchen. The apartment will also have a compact kitchenette and bathroom. The kitchenette will usually include a cooker, microwave, fridge and food preparation area. The bathroom will usually have a toilet, wash basin, bathtub and integral shower.
1 and 2 bedroom apartments (45-50sqm & 65-70sqm) differ from a studio apartment in that the apartment has a separate living room. Each bedroom is separate and has either a standard size double bed, although many apartments have single beds.
How do I get the key?
Keys available from 14:00-23:00 in our office. Arrivals after 23.00 is possible only, if you are arriving with our transfer. The transfer price is normal taxi rate. We ask you, however, to send us your arrival details (e.g.flight number) to calculate your arrival time. As our office is regularly open in working hours on weekdays between 9:00 – 23:00, and on weekends between 10:00 – 22:00 office address: Ank-air Agency, 1061 Budapest, Anker köz 2-4) if you arrive out of working hours we ask you to schedule an appointment and we wait for you in the office.
We also provide you an airport shuttle service at a very reasonable price. Each case our staff will escort you to your apartment and is at your service. Full details regarding key collection are provided at time of booking.
How many keys do I get?
We give you one key per apartments. There are no charges unless key is lost.
How to make a reservation?
Send a request of reservation to us by e-mail or through our website. We will answer in a short time once we accept your reservation. We also send you all the necessary information you may need to complete your booking.
How can I negotiate the rates with you?
You can find our published rates on our website. We always guarantee the best rates on our site. Rates and reservation.
If you stay more than 7 nights (except 23 December – 3 January, Easter, Formula-1 weekends and Sziget Festival) in our apartment we are ready to give you a discount price. Please inquire.
If you stay one month or more please refer to us to negotiate the price.
Do you provide shuttle service?
Yes. An airport (or train) shuttle service can be arranged upon request. The cost of this service is 28 Euro up to 4 people or 38 Euro up to 8 people.
Our driver will be waiting for you at the arrival hall holding a board with your your name on it (if your flight is delayed, the driver will be aware of this before he sets off to collect you).
Extra bed charge?
Type of the beds in the apartments?
What is the Cancellation policy?
If cancelled or modified up to 7 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled or modified from 7 to 3 days prior to arrival, 50% of the reservation price will be charged.
Within 3 days or in case of no show total amount will be charged.
Are the apartments smoking or non-smoking?
All of our apartments are non-smoking. Our Guests may smoke on the balcony of the apartment. Smoking inside the apartment is strictly prohibited and results EUR 100.00 penalty.
Does the apartments have balcony?
Most apartments have balcony.
What happens if I get locked out of the apartment out of office hours?
Please call our emergency number (+36 20 555 6525). Charge of EUR 25.00 /8250 HUF/ for guests who locked themselves out and an additional EUR 40.00 /13200 HUF/ for lost key.
Send Us Your Question
To send us a message please fill in the below form! We will reply to you as soon as possible regarding your enquiry.